Turvey Abbey Today
Cookies
 The history and families of Turvey in Bedfordshire, England

©2011 Deborah Richardson

The Turvey Website

Privacy Policy

Terms & Conditions

Copyright

Home Mail: deborah@turveybeds.com

Turvey Abbey Today

Turvey Abbey is now owned by the Order of Saint Benedict.

It consists of the Priory of Our Lady of Peace (the nuns) and the Monastery of Christ Our Saviour (the monks).

The Abbey grounds are 100 acres of woodland, much of which is crossed by public footpaths.

Recent Funerals and Scatterings at the Abbey

Name

Born

Died

Funeral

Burial

Barbara Mary Dalton

1932

1983



Dom Edmund Jones

3/8/1919

6/4/1985

16/4/1985

1985

Sis. Mechtilde Wainwright

10/2/1899

14/8/1988

18/8/1988

1988

Frederick William Hardimont

20/10/1893

28/10/1993

Dec 1993


Sister Magdalene Kennedy

9/7/1900

21/6/1994

27/6/1994

1994

John Hurst

1920

26/1/1996


Scattered 19/5/1996

Graham Oates

10/4/1943

10/2/1997


Half scattered 10/4/1997

Mother Lucia Artorissen

30/04/1911

27/2/1998

9/3/1998

15/8/1998

Dr Terence Eric Loar

12/2/1929

24/8/2000

4/9/2000

7/9/2000

In 1980 Dom Edmund Jones founded the Monastery of Christ our Saviour within the Abbey.


Today the Abbey is also the home of The Turvey Institute.  The nuns produce beautiful embroideries and garments with a religious theme.  They have also published a number of books of devotional writing.

Click here

to go to the

website for the

Priory of Our Lady

of Peace at

Turvey Abbey.